Sunday, April 4, 2010

Our Day, Illustrated

Why does it seem like each holiday comes and goes so much more quickly than the last? There is barely enough time for the anticipation to build and then the day is over and all I'm left with are those moments of the day captured through a lens.

Our days are just so busy. I wish I had more time to soak it all in.

But then again, those moments that ARE captured through a lens are pretty darn terrific.

The fleeting nature of our lives makes me want to snap shots of everything. Even the seemingly mundane shots turn into a fingerprint of an emotion or a fossil of adventures past.

No matter how busy our days are, they are always brimming with love.

These guys are my life. I feel like I'm in the middle of a really great story, and I just don't want it to end.


Happy Easter.

4 comments:

Downsized Attorney said...

What a beautiful family you have! I love your red coat by the way.

LL said...

I love love this line, "I feel like I'm in the middle of a really great story, and I just don't want it to end."

I feel the exact same way. Happy late Easter to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

I like that line as well. Jacob's pouty face in the last picture is very cute!

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

holy cow. your website looks great. so does your family. i'm typing with one hand because of the baby.