Friday, July 17, 2009

Where Do They Come Up With This Stuff?

It was my lunch break. I was juggling my recent purchase of a giant bag a skitttles, a diet dr. pepper and a bag of M&M's (for later, I promise) between my arms and my purse when all of a sudden, I heard a deep voice behind me.

"Hey, you dropped something!"

I turn around and see this lanky young man looking at me. Then I check the ground, expecting to find that I had dropped one of my bags of candy (the HORROR!). Nothing was there.

"Yeah. You dropped my number. Here I'll give it to you," the young man follows up.

I give him a look that could probably curdle Jell-o (and Jell-o doesn't even curdle). Then my agitation inspires courage.

"Oh wait. You were right. I DID drop something. I dropped this note. It says 'GET LOST'."

Then I turn my back to him and smile triumphantly. Ok, actually the smile is only two parts triumph and one part ego-boost.

Creepy One-Liner Guys Around The World: 4,931,699,00
Not-so Innocent Victims: 1

5 comments:

JD-Maybe said...

I can't believe someone actually used that line...Hillllllarious!!!!

CM said...

Give the guy credit for trying. Personally, I appreciate the creative one-liner. The last pick-up attempt I got was from a heavily tattooed guy who said, "Hey, you, uh, married or somethin'?"

Butterflyfish said...

Well played!

Paragon2Pieces said...

Good one!

KG said...

Eww!