Saturday, October 25, 2008

Barack-O-Lantern

I had a patriotic weekend! First of all, I filled out my ballot and cast my vote for the next President. This time around, voting felt extra special. For the first time since I turned 18, I was very excited and felt passionate about the candidate I voted for. I marked a line next to his name with sincere and heart felt exuberance. This is what democracy is truly about- voting for something you actually WANT rather than simply chosing the lesser evil.

The moment felt so special and reverant that I actually put down my crying baby so that I could use two hands and my full attention for this important task. Hey, I don't even put down my crying baby to apply mascara- that's how important this moment was to me.

Then my husband and I went to a pumpkin carving party. My husband had the most creative pumpkin and he carved it totally freehand, without a pattern. Can you guess where his inspiration came from?

Then my friends insisted on playing Anne Gedes and had a creative photo shoot with Jacob as the subject. He was a very good sport although I think he might have pumpkin nightmares throughout his entire early childhood.

3 comments:

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Love the baby in the pumpkins picture - and the barack-o-lantern!

KG said...

The barack-o-lantern is totally hawt.

As is barack.

*wistful sigh*

FSD said...

Love it!