Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Whole New Jacob

Who is this big boy? I don't recognize him anymore. The past month since I've returned to school it seems like he has just grown uncontrollably fast. He has changed so much in four weeks- I'm in shock! Is it just because I'm spending less time with him every day or is it just a growth spurt?

The past month Jacob has:

-started giggling alot!
-discovered his feet
-discovered the TASTE of his feet
-started to eat all new kinds of baby food
-is almost sitting up on his own

And his disposition has changed enormously. He is happy all the time and much more easy going. He loves being with both sets of his Grandparents and is happy to play with them four days a week. I know he is just five months old but I feel like he has such a better grasp of the world around him than he was one month ago. When he sees a bottle or a spoon, he knows it means it's time for food and he starts opening his mouth and leaning forward. He can take out his pacifier and put it back in his mouth. He interacts when we play peek-a-boo. The list goes on...

But that smile. Oh he is gonna be a lady killer!


3 comments:

KG said...

Such a cutie. Isn't it amazing how much they change from day-to-day? I mean - mine learns new words and does new things every single day, now, and it's totally shocking. Fun, but sad, too, because the baby I once knew is disappearing!

gudnuff said...

Little celebrations and tiny little deaths, both at once. I remember wiping tears away ('cause I'm WEAK, dammit) when I plunked down a pair of Size 4 shoes next to the cash register at Baby Gap. Mommyhood is mired in a thousand good-byes. Sniff.

On the other hand, there's always something new to say hello to. Jacob is looking super cute! His expression shows good looks and an active mind, a deadly combination that always leaves me weak-kneed. I kinda wanna buy him a beer - or a bottle of formula, whichever he prefers - and ask him if he's seeing anybody. Lady killer is right! I mean, who can resist a guy who is happy all the time and easy going and is as adorable as that?

LEO said...

My heart is melting