Thursday, July 17, 2008

34 Weeks- My Dr. Is On Crack

At my last check up, my doctor thought I looked on the small side (I think she's on crack). She said she wanted an ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing at the right pace. Usually, for my doctor, the 20 week ultrasound is the last one you get so, even though I was worried about the baby, I was pretty excited to hear that I get another ultrasound.

Clearly my Dr. has had a little too much medical marijuana: there is nothing small about this belly (at 34 weeks):


Today was the ultrasound and it was incredible! We got to see clear images of Baby Palmer's face and the technician printed out an awesome profile image for us. I can't wait to meet him! His head is down already and his butt is up in my ribcage. I always feel an odd bump up there squishing my ribs- so I guess that bump must be a butt cheek. Lol.

We saw him wave and then we saw him try to stretch his body out. Poor guy, he looked SO cramped. I know how he feels though... I can't believe I have six weeks to go- I'm ready to meet him NOW. I'm ready to have my body all to myself again. I couldn't help but get teary eyed watching him wiggle around. I still can't believe he's MY baby. I can't believe that my husband and I created a person. I just want to hold him so badly!

Having an ultrasound in the third trimester is so much more uncomfortable than in the second trimester. I almost fainted four times laying on my back because the huge baby was squishing me and cutting off my circulation. But that was nothing compared to the sticky goo they pour all over you- ew, I hate that stuff!

5 comments:

Portia said...

I hear you about the uncomfortableness of late term ultrasounds! But they're awesome. At our 34 week (I think) ultrasound we got some awesome views of Eden's nose and mouth - which we recognize now as hers! It's amazing that I knew her face right away.

Good luck in the home stretch girl! You're looking great!

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Congratulations on getting a sneak peak of your son! I hope your last few weeks are nice and comfortable.

the dragonfly said...

Aww, that's so great that you got to see your little guy! Here's hoping the next six weeks fly by...

Mongrels are raising themselves. said...

and might I add, hello, bitch, take the "you look small" compliment for what it is - a serious ode to your hotness :0

PT-LawMom said...

You look fantastic! The last few weeks suck because they are really trying to stretch out in that cramped space and, also, because of the wild anticipation. Hope it flies for you! :)