Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Real Life, Say Hello To Cee

I AM DONE WITH LAW SCHOOL.

DONE.

FOREVER!

No more exams (oh wait, there's a little three day thing called the BAR). No more lectures (oh wait, Barbri lectures all January). Nothing to tie me to the law school (oh wait, I owe them approximately $120K). I am a free (not-quite) woman!

Ok, so my victory is not complete nor my freedom uninhibited. But I still feel GREAT! I drank too much coffee this morning and I've been full of excess energy since. My last exam was at 8:30 and I just turned it in! The exam itself was a horrible mess. Two hours to shift through a three page hypo with a 20 page insurance policy attached. Damn. I knew the material. I rock insurance law- it's my area of practice. But I just didn't have enough time! I felt horrible when the proctor called time. But I only let myself feel bad for 10 minutes. Now I'm footloose and fancy free!

I'm going SHOPPING! I'm going to not think about law school for the rest of my life (unless it's to fantasize about my hot nerdy bowtie professor). I'm going to go home and do mindless activities like read western romance novels and watch cheesy Hallmark christmas specials. Then I'm going to make out with my husband and fall asleep early! Wow, I'm so out of control. World, are you READY for the uninhibited, sleep deprived, end of finals-induced craziness of ME?

LIFE LOOKS GOOD on the other side of law school.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

CONGRATS!!!! :)

Andrea said...

Congratulations!!! It's fabulous to be done with law school! Enjoy Christmas... it's the very last one that will be cut into by those vile final exams!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations indeed. How does the sweet free air taste?

Paragon2Pieces said...

Congratulations Cee :) So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

HOOOOORAY! I hope that you are not holiday shopping and instead are out treating *yourself*!

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Congratulations!

LEO said...

Congratulations!

And don't worry...even though bar prep sucks, I think it's easier in a lot of ways than final studying. Happy Holidays!

Soleil said...

Congratulations!!! I'm moving your blog from "3Ls" to "Lawyers" in my blogroll. :)

CM said...

Congratulations on being DONE! And you have a job!

So what did you buy?