Monday, March 10, 2008

Pausing Reality for Fiction

Uh, hello people in my life, I have some sad news. I just dont have time for you. At least at the moment. Things have unexpectantly gotten really busy around here and I'm the kind of person who knows just when to start saying "no" (ha ha, who am I kidding?).

Don't worry about me, I know I will get through it all and that this whole being busy thing is just temporary. But until I finish watching the first three seasons of Desperate Housewives from first episode to the last, I can't fit one more thing into my life.

Sorry professor who wants me to come up with a final paper topic about international law and game theory. Sorry money sucking employer who wants me to write a handful of legal memos before the week is over. Sorry really good public organization that I'm supposed to draft a funding bill for. Sorry husband who would appreciate more than chicken strips or frozen pizza for dinner. Sorry mountain of laundry in my room waiting to be folded. And finally, sorry to myself for not getting more than four hours of sleep a night.

BUT SERIOUSLY, you gotta understand. I mean, how else am I supposed to get all these episodes in. Mike just woke up from a coma, Susan is doing the British guy. Susan's daughter is getting fresh with a cheater. Lynette is about ready to kill her husband for opening a pizza place and then throwing out his back because now she has to take over (to top it all off, the uniforms are orange! nasty!). People are committing attempted murder. This is serious stuff here. Until it's all done, my own life has to be put on hold. Thanks for understanding.

No comments: