Friday, May 2, 2008

Boys

I know five pregnant people and two people who had babies in the past two months. All of them had or are having boys. That's seven boys. How can that be? Where are all the girls? This is really odd.

I had a feeling right almost from the beginning that I was having a boy. I don't know what made me think that way, it was just a compeltely unfounded gut feeling. I took the Intelligender test at 10 weeks and it said we were having a boy. I took the results with a grain of salt because the product reviews weren't that great but still...I just knew it was a boy.

The week before our 20 week ultrasound, I started to second guess myself. I was thinking how sweet it would be to have a little girl. Until she beame a teenager and started to hate me, we could do fun girl things together. She would have all her friends over for fun girly sleepovers. But then she would probably be a tomboy like me and I would once again miss out on all the girlie things in life. Oh well.

I was ecstatic when I found out Baby Palmer was a boy though. I really didn't care the gender, I just wanted to know. In my experience, all the first born boys that I know are sensitive, caring, creative and deep thinkers. I wonder if ours will be the same? Now, whenever I go shopping in the baby aisle, I can't help but pass by all the cute pink, ruffly baby girl dresses with longing. They are way too adorable. Oh well, maybe baby two or baby three...

No comments: