Thursday, January 8, 2009

3 More Points For Me

First:
Back to the purpose of this post- three days in a row, I laid Jacob in his crib while he was still awake. And three days in a row he drifted peacefully off to sleep without crying!!! OMG, maybe it's not just a fluke. Maybe the gods of child rearing are throwing me a bone! Nothing is ever easy with Jacob so maybe I'm getting a free pass on this one (knock on wood).

If you would have told me this was possible last month, I would have laughed in disbelief. He would scream for an hour wen I put him down and then I would give up and just rock him to sleep. Even after I rocked him to sleep and then put him in his bed, he would wake up again after 5 minutes and just scream bloody murder because, heaven forbid, he was alone.

Also he is starting to sleep for 6 hours straight. He usually goes to bed at 9pm and wakes up at 3am to eat. After that he's awake every 2-3 hours though.... we will work on that next.

5 comments:

LEO said...

So there is hope! woohoo

FSD said...

That's great!! Sounds like you're on a roll!

KG said...

Dude - I hate to be the debbie downer - but NEVER EVER type thoughts like this or say them out loud. Because as soon as you're all excited and whatnot? They can SO TELL - and they SCREW YOU OVER.

Shhhh!

LL said...

Love the pictures and captions :)

newduck said...

My friend, your life is going to get easier. As they get older, they start sleeping like 12-14 hours a night. It's bliss when it finally starts happening.