Friday, January 2, 2009

Ta-Da, The Nursery!

Seeing how Jacob is four months old and we JUST got his crib together recently, it's time I posted a picture.

We painted the walls a faint blue this summer and bought an IKEA dresser, bookcase and lamp. I found the curtains at Target, bought the nursery bedding at overstock.com (thanks protoattorney-I believe you suggested that), and found a rocker on craigslist. I found a set of four matching sailboat pictures on ebay and we spray painted cheap frames from Walmart. The only thing fancy is the $300 crib that my in-laws bought us!

We only spent about $300 on everything (not including the crib). I'd say we did a pretty good job for our tiny budget.

4 comments:

LEO said...

a fabulous job! looks like jacob loves it! And you are such a skinny cute mom :)

FSD said...

Jacob's nursery looks GREAT, Cee!!! Everything looks great, and it looks so soothing and peaceful. You did a fantastic job! Is he sleeping in his crib now?

You look fabulous! You're my idol. :- )

KG said...

Good call on the craigslist rocking chair. I think I'm going to go that route next time - my hubby totally broke our antique rocking chair with his overly enthusiastic rocking the first time around. I need something more durable!

LL said...

It looks great! I'm going to peruse overstock.com next time I need bedding, great idea.