Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Had a Sad Baby Dream

I had a dream last night that I had my baby. The dream was really odd and I only remember parts of it. In the dream, everyone I knew was flooding me, all wanting to hold the baby at the same time. So I let them take turns, but the throng of people wanting to hold it keep growing. As they passed it from person to person, like a hot potato, I started to feel anxious and worried. Suddenly, I wanted my baby all to myself. But at the same time, I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings and I wanted everyone to have an adequate turn. I was trying to balance these feelings in my dream but it was just turning me into a wreck.

At the end of the dream, we were suddenly on a beach. My brother was sitting on the shoreline and he had asked for his turn to hold the baby. I tossed the baby to him as he held out his hands to catch it. Suddenly, the baby was gone. It seemed like the baby landed on the sand next to my brother, but we couldn't find it. We searched the water and combed the beach. The only explanation we could come up with was that the baby was carried out to the ocean by a wave. I was horrified that it was all my fault. I was dissapointed that I went through nine months of hell and now didn't even have a baby. I was so sad that the cute helpless baby was now dead. The worst part was, I had to tell everyone that the baby was dead or lost and that it was my fault.

1 comment:

newduck said...

Argh! This is the saddest thing I've heard! Pregnancy dreams are so weird.