Thursday, March 19, 2009

What's Better Than Fried Chicken & Capt'n Crunch?

Capt'n Crunch fried chicken!

Whoever said you can't mix your favorite things was definitaley wrong! We went out to eat a while ago and saw that the restaurant had fried chicken that had been breaded in Capt'n Crunch cereal. I thought it sounded horrible- my husband thought it would be good but opted for a tried and true burger.

When we got home I googled the recipe. I found a ton of websites with the recipe and raving reviews. So I bit the bullet and tried it....

It was AWESOME!

I even made onion rings with the recipe too!

1. Crush captain crunch cereal (use the kind without berries- sad, I know).
2. Pour one cup of milk in a bowl and mix one egg into it.
3. pour flour into another bowl- sprinkle in pepper and onion powder if you want.
4. Take boneless skinless pieces of chicken breast abnd dip them first in the flour, then in the milk, then in the captain crunch (coat heavily in crunch).
5. Deep fry the pieces at 375 for about four minutes OR bake in an oven at 400 for ten minutes or so.

I deep fried them instead of baking them and they turned out amazing! If you do the same thing with slices of onion, you will have delicious onion rings too!

2 comments:

FSD said...

Oh wow! Sounds super yummy!! I used to LOVE Capt'n Crunch cereal when I was a kid. I have to try this.

gudnuff said...

This sounds fabulous! Of course, I'm very hungry right now. BTW, I did an award-y thing and am now tagging you, so ha-ha, tag, you're it.