Thursday, August 28, 2008

Baby Update

Things are looking up now! My doctor scheduled my induction. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will be meeting my baby boy on Tuesday!

I have to go into the hospital late Monday night to get all hooked up and "ripened" (ew, I hate that term). Then Tuesday morning they will break my water and start the drugs. My doctor said I will be holding my baby by dinner time! Of course there is a slight chance I could still go into labor before then but that is pretty unlikely according to my doctor.

My dad thinks its hilarious that my labor will be induced on labor day. I think its not so funny.

So I have four more days to kill but I think I'll survive. It feels so good knowing there is a definite end in sight. In fact, I kind of like knowing exactly when- down to the hour- I will have to be at the hospital. It's nice to be able to plan it all out and to mentally and emotionally gear up for the event.

September 2nd isn't a bad birthdate. In fact, I kind of like the sound of it. My baby will share the same birthday as Keanu Reeves, Salma Hayek and the United States Treasury Department.

I can't believe that I will be meeting my son in four short days! I have so much resting, sleeping, and t.v. watching to do!

Oh and thank you all for your kind supportive comments!

9 comments:

Butterflyfish said...

:-)

KG said...

It's ALMOST OVER! Hang in there. I am sending you good "go into labor" vibes!

LEO said...

YAY, congratulations!

newduck said...

Comments about going into labor on Labor Day must be pretty annoying. I was scheduled to be induced on February 29 and had to endure endless discussions over leap year birthdays - annoying!

Anyway, I'm sending my easy-labor wishes your way. If it makes you feel any better, I'm 5'4" and 102 pounds and labor was the easiest thing I ever did. Much of that can be attributed to the epidural, but in general I found the whole event to be fun and exciting. But you didn't hear that from me.

Portia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! So exciting to know the hour! Take it easy the next few days, obsess over the nursery, watch some TV, surf the web, etc. And then go meet your baby boy!! I'll send some easy labor vibes your way too! (And New Duck's right - the epidural makes it easy and fun).

the dragonfly said...

Hooray!!!! The end (the beginning, actually..) is in sight!!

:)

MJV said...

Congratulations! Hope the induction goes smoothly. Even better, hope you go into labor before you have to be induced.

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about it.

MJV said...

Can't wait to hear!!!