Monday, August 18, 2008

What Part Of "Get Out" Don't You Understand Baby?

I was hopefully optimistic when I planned my last day of work to coincide with the beginning of my 38th week of pregnancy. You know, babies can come early. It happens all the time right? Apparantly not to me. I'm probably destined to be one of those 2 weeks overdue people- which JUST PLAIN SUCKS.

So this is my second week at home and I've completely run out of things to do. I'm so bored out of my mind. Last week I had two young kids over for a sleep over. I sewed some curtains for the nursery. I de-fleaed the cats and either washed or vacuumed every inch of the house. I cooked dinner for my in-laws. I started running. And I already watched like 8 episodes of Desperate Housewives. Seriously. What is left to do?

I'm actually wishing I could go back to work again. I would kill for a legal research project to work on. I even wish I had a horrid memo to write! Maybe I'll read the Housing and Community Development Law book (or various other law books I took from the "free" pile at our school) and start outlining it for fun. Isn't that just ridiculous- outlining for FUN?! This is what the pregnancy waiting game has done to me!

If baby would come sometime this week I would be ecstatic. He's getting so strong that everytime he moves, he either crushes one of my bones or it feels like he's going to tear my belly right open. I'm so uncomfortable- I'm either super hot or super cold. I'm always naseous and hungry. I feel like I'm going to burp and poop at the same time. UGH. PLUS, I'm just so anxious to meet him.

But I have an awful feeling that I will still be pregnant for my 41 week check up.

Well, I finally thought of something I can do: look into various natural induction methods...

6 comments:

Downsized Attorney said...

Wow, outlining for fun, you have lost your mind. Enjoy this time to yourself while you can because when that little guy comes you you're going to have your hands full. I'm not an expert here, but doesn't a lot of activity like running induce labor?

KC said...

I'm sorry- it must be excruciating waiting.

I have plenty of legal memos you can write to pass the time ;-)

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Hang in there - you are going to be super busy soon.

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but if you like to watch t.v., do it now, because T.V. gets totally curbed once you have the baby.

MJV said...

God, I remember that. I think I've told you before to stay the hell away from castor oil (makes baby poop, too, which gets poop in lungs - bad, bad, bad).

I watched Law & Order marathons while I waited. Worked, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Just take it easy and sleep! The baby will be out before you know it. And have you talked to your doctor about how early he/she is willing to induce? My dr will induce as early as 39 weeks.

the dragonfly said...

Imagine weeks of bed rest...the insanity!!! :) You can do it, it's almost time!