Monday, August 4, 2008

Odds 'n Ends

When I went in to pre-register at the hospital last week, the registering nurse had a copy of my medical chart from my OB. When she left the room to grab something, I took a peek at it. I've always been curious about what my OB sribbles on that clipboard.

It had mostly boring things like my fundal height measurements and a graph of my weight gain. Then I looked at the top of the chart where my due date was written. I was told at my first ultrasound that my due date is Aug 29th. The due date my OB has recorded is Aug 23rd. OMG, that's like a total week difference! I've been one week ahead this whole time? That means instead of being 36 weeks, I'm 37 weeks- full term! That throws my whole perception of this pregnancy off. But it also brings me one week closer to a baby!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was scanning the latest gossips blogs when I caught site of a headline about the release of the Brangelina twins photos.

Me: "wow, the pics of Brad and Angelina's twins are published!"
Husband: "Yup."
Me: "I didn't know that! I wonder what they look like."
Husband: "They look like babies..."

That's such a typical guy response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This weekend was my family's third annual family reuinion, called [insert family name]-Fest. It's becoming a famous event as new people are invited each year. Each year there is a special theme. The first year was a luau/Octoberfest celebration (hence the name). Last year it was Survivor themed and we had to break up into tribes and complete challenges. This year was a circus theme.

No matter what the theme, SOMEHOW the festivities always include my dad and his brothers being forced to dress as women. They usually don dresses, makeup, boob stuffing, and sometimes bikini coconuts. Each year it gets easier and easier to coax them into dressing in drag. I'm beginning to think they secretly enjoy it by now. They love all that attention as the crowd hoots and hollers at them. Bonus: each year I bring my camera and collect extra bits of blackmail to use against my dad. :)

4 comments:

postscript said...

A full week off? You'd have thought that they would have told you, or at least would have mentioned it at some point!

Wow, your due date is approaching fast...

LEO said...

That is probably the best thing that could ever be in that chart! Sounds like you'll find plenty of fun stuff to occupy you over the next couple of weeks!

KC said...

Wow! I've been reading your blog for ages, hoping to get preggers in law school soon myself.
It's so exciting how close you are now. Good luck on the final stretch- I guess it could be almost any day now.

the dragonfly said...

Wow, that's quite a bit different. I'm surprised your doctor never told you..

Love the "they look like babies" comment. Perfect. :)