Friday, August 22, 2008

Just More Bitterness, Immaturity And Waiting

My cousin became a dad yesterday. I know I should be happy for him. But I'm not. His baby wasn't even due until two weeks after mine. How is that fair at all? I kinda wanted my baby to be the second great grandchild- now his kid gets that glory (I know second isn't as cool as being first- but now my baby has to settle for third and no one cares about third).

I'm so jealous that they don't have to experience the awful last two + weeks of waiting. Everytime I see someone else with a baby, I want to throw a fit worthy of a toddler. I hate that pregnancy is turning me into a fat steaming pile of immaturity!

6 comments:

the dragonfly said...

I'm sorry you have to wait, and that you feel all crazy. But just think...at the end of the waiting you get a beautiful baby, and that's worth it. :)

MJV said...

What you are feeling is very normal, even though it sucks donkey testicles. I'd tell you that when you have your child, the wait will all be worth it and the frustration you experienced will disappear from your memory but that would be a lie. Yes, it will TOTALLY be worth it. But you will never forget the sheer obnoxious boredom, anxiety and eagerness of these last few days. Hope that baby comes really soon for you!!

newduck said...

Oh my God, I am so, so sorry you're going through this! There is absolutely nothing worse than waiting for that baby to get born, especially when they don't come early. Pregnancy is such torture anyway, and those last 2 weeks are like nature's way of sucker-punching you for getting prego in the first place.

I'm sending major get-born vibes your way. Hang in there!

CP said...

Thanks everyone for the support- I guess baby is just too comfy...what's ten more days though right?! I can't be preggo forever (knocking on wood- lots of wood).

CP said...

Thanks everyone for the support- I guess baby is just too comfy...what's ten more days though right?! I can't be preggo forever (knocking on wood- lots of wood).

LEO said...

that sucks! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. In the meantime, you have a great excuse for any sort of distraction you can come up with: massages, pedicures, movies, shopping, etc... ;)