Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer Is For Concerts

There were so many concerts I was dying to see this summer. For example, Jack "The Hot Talented Earth Friendly Surfer" Johnson. Last year, I just about died when Jack Johnson took time off from touring to be at home with his new baby because I had just missed his Seattle performance the year before. Now, thanks to the stubborn spawn of mine, my bad luck continues and I may NEVER see him perform live for AS LONG AS I LIVE.

Yes, this summer was a great one for concerts in the Seattle area. Too bad I had to miss them all because, you know, I was supposed to be HAVING A BABY!

I'm going to start tallying the concerts that I'm missing out on this summer so that I can hold it against Baby many years from now. Like when I want him to do the dishes. Or clean gunk out of the shower drain. Or eat the "experiment" I made for dinner using the only ingredients in the fridge: refried beans, carrots and mustard.

This summer I am missing:

Bumbershoot - Seattle's Annual Music Festival
Maroon 5
Boyz II Men
Jack Hotness Johnson
Coldplay

This kid soooo owes me, big time.

15 comments:

Butterflyfish said...

Ah the privilege of motherhood -- to remind them how much they owe us for at every opportunity.

flash forward 10 years in the Palmer household:

"I don't *want* to do my homework!"

Instead of
"I WAS IN LABOR FOR 36 HOURS!!!!"

baby Palmer gets

"I MISSED COLDPLAY FOR YOU!!!"

LEO said...

The many sacrifices! I'm going to see Jack Johnson tonight, so I'll let you know how it is! Pretty soon, you'll be able to at least get a babysitter and go out for the good stuff!

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

I just wanted to wish you good luck Cee. I know the big day should be today or tomorrow. I am very excited for you to meet your son. It was the BEST moment of my life when I met mine.
(BTW - my first thought when Is saw him was, he looks like a Bruins fan)

newduck said...

Good luck this weekend! I'm sending all my prayers your way, and I can't wait to read about all the amazing things that are in store for you. Also, I have a psychic feeling you're going to have a great delivery. Just thought I'd put that out there.

KC said...

good luck for tomorrow Cee!! I can't wait to see photos of the little guy. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

the dragonfly said...

I know you're busy for the next few days (HOORAY!!!)...but, when you get a chance, I left you an award at my place. :)

Downsized Attorney said...

I loved going to Bumpershoot, so much fun.

I just got back from vacation, but I caught up on your blog and I am assuming that Baby Palmer is with us. I can't wait for pics!

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Where is that baby?

newduck said...

Give...me...baby! Where is that baby?!

LEO said...

As someone who knows how awful it is to wait for babies, you should think about your blog-audience and how we are waiting for updates on your baby boy! Praying that everything is fabulous and perfect for you right now!

newduck said...

Oh you poor girl. As if having a baby isn't hard enough, all of us are giving you grief about reporting to us. You just relax and enjoy your baby, and know that our thoughts are with you. And we'll be checking your blog when you're ready to share with us. Um, yeah, we'll be checking 75 times a day. But no rush or anything.

KC said...

Wishing happy baby thoughts your way! Agree with New Duck- we should not be giving you grief and the last thing you should be worrying about is blogging... but still can't wait for the next post!

Butterflyfish said...

Sending happy baby vibes

MJV said...

Hope all is well. Can't wait to see that baby!

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Dammit, I miss you. I hope everything is ok, and we haven't heard from you because you are enjoying your time with your baby.